How Rideshares are Changing

The world of rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have long since been in the game and have dominated the market for most of that time. Uber especially takes the mantle for being the first one to introduce the concept of the rideshare. But because it was the first, it has grown exponentially worldwide. This also means that Uber has become more of a corporation than anything, and becoming a corporation means that they care less about their workers.

Uber, however has grown complacent. Lyft was released after Uber and has expanded quickly, taking a large market share along with its growth. And now we see Fleek coming along and changing the rideshare service industry in a more positive and driver friendly way. Fleek might end up attracting thousands of drivers from Uber and Lyft as they’re only taking 10% of the fair (much lower than Uber and Lyft).

But give credit where credit is due. Uber and Lyft have both continued to change and grow the rideshare industry. Uber introduced Uber Eats that delivers food from restaurants right to your doorstep.

These companies have more or less remained the same. Uber did introduce a partnership with an artificial intelligence self-driving service with Toyota but that is still in very early development. There is a high probability that we would not ever see it in real life, but we’re all hopeful.

There have been more and more companies joining the rideshare business, and in a city like Los Angeles, that is especially good for the consumer. One or two companies dominating the scene means that they can work together to raise prices which is bad news for both drivers and riders. New companies in the market will give the consumer more choices to pick from and drives down prices altogether.

What is more interesting is that these new companies are taking surprisingly low cuts off their drivers earned wages. The standard rates vary somewhere between 25% to 55% which is just abysmal to think of if you’re working for 8 to 12 hours a day. You could hypothetically earn about $200 per day and have half of that go back to the people you’re working for even though you’re the only one that is doing the driving.

Companies like Fleek realize the frustration drivers go through when driving for Uber or Lyft. These companies aim to shake up the market balance and let the drivers keep most of what they earn. Only 10% of the earnings will go to Fleek. The rest of the 90% you keep as the driver. Now in a city like Los Angeles, you could earn some serious cash since there is a need for a rideshares literally every second. You could be on your feet, or rather your wheel the entire day and earn a profitable amount of money with Fleek’s 10% charge.

Major rideshares, and professional transporting companies, taxis and cabs services could take a serious hit from Fleek opening its doors. Drivers, even some of the most loyal ones, could find themselves defaulting to services like Fleek!